Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Unity does not rebuild GUID cache on boot
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Run Unity
3. Observe the Output console
4. You will the error messages:
Timestamps (39) and assets (42) maps out of sync.
Asset with GUID _ has empty path but has assettimestamp???
Expected result: Running without errors
Actual result: Unity console printing error messages (every time you boot the Unity editor)
Reproduced with: 5.4.1f1, 5.4.1p4, 5.5.0a6, 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0b5, 5.5.0b6
Not reproduced with: 5.3.6f1
Workaround: Reimport all assets
Rebuilding GUID cache happens with second boot(with 5.5.0a6 and lower)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Animation] Animation Clips are populated from the Animator, but not the Animation Component
- [Mobile] Using "RGB(A) Compressed ASTC" Compressor Quality produces artifacts
- OnValidate fails to Undo the changes when one variable depends on another
- Invalid REST API request received - unauthorized client ip address is thrown when connecting to 'local_ip:38000' in a browser
- [IL2CPP] converting double to uint32 results in wrong value