Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Unity does not rebuild GUID cache on boot
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Run Unity
3. Observe the Output console
4. You will the error messages:
Timestamps (39) and assets (42) maps out of sync.
Asset with GUID _ has empty path but has assettimestamp???
Expected result: Running without errors
Actual result: Unity console printing error messages (every time you boot the Unity editor)
Reproduced with: 5.4.1f1, 5.4.1p4, 5.5.0a6, 5.5.0b1, 5.5.0b5, 5.5.0b6
Not reproduced with: 5.3.6f1
Workaround: Reimport all assets
Rebuilding GUID cache happens with second boot(with 5.5.0a6 and lower)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- MouseButton(0) loses click state when using Device Simulator and enabling "Any iOS Device" in Unity Remote
- [Linux] "Sending message header failed (11)" Warning in Console when opening or closing Standalone Profiler
- [Backport] MacOS Targetsupport Installers for Linux overwrite their content
- [Backport] Scheduled items, asynchronous tasks, and Update() are not run when EditorWindow is opened using ShowModalUtility()
- [Backport] [UWP] Not adding NET_STANDARD_2_0 define