Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X
Unity crashes while packing a huge sprite with sprite atlas when the graphics API is set to D3D11 or D3D12
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Unity project.
2. Open the sprite atlas named "CrashAtlas" in the Inspector window.
3. Press "Pack Preview".
4. Wait till sprite packing is finished.
Expected result: sprite atlas successfully packs the sprites.
Actual result: a message appears stating that Unity could not allocate memory. After closing the message, Unity crashes.
Reproducible with - 2017.1.0b5, 2017.1.3p4, 2017.2.2p4, 2017.4.2f2, 2018.1.0f2, 2018.2.0b3
Could not test with - 5.6.0a1, 5.6.6f2, 2017.1.0b4 (Sprite Atlas first introduced in 2017.1.0b5)
The crash happens when the sprite's max size is set to 4096 or 8192, sprite mode is multiple and there is a lot of sprites in it.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When a Rigidbody2D is inactive GetPoint/GetVector/GetRelativePoint/GetRelativeVector fallbacks to returning (0, 0)
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object