Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Unity crashes when a material that is highlighted in the Project Window is overwritten from a script
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_1119351-Panmateria_Project_Stripped" and scene "Biome01_Sector01"
2. Select "ProblemObject" in the Hierarchy Window
3. Click "Biome01_Sector01_material" in the GameObject's Mesh Renderer's Materials list in the Inspector to highlight the material in the Project Window
4. While the Material is highlighted quickly press the "Generate Mask Texture" button under the Map Generator script Component
Expected result: the command successfully generates the texture
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2017.4.19f1, 2018.3.3f1, 2019.1.0b1, 2019.2.0a3
Note: the Project Window must be open for the Material to be highlightable and the problem to reproduce
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3