Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Unity crashes when a material that is highlighted in the Project Window is overwritten from a script
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "case_1119351-Panmateria_Project_Stripped" and scene "Biome01_Sector01"
2. Select "ProblemObject" in the Hierarchy Window
3. Click "Biome01_Sector01_material" in the GameObject's Mesh Renderer's Materials list in the Inspector to highlight the material in the Project Window
4. While the Material is highlighted quickly press the "Generate Mask Texture" button under the Map Generator script Component
Expected result: the command successfully generates the texture
Actual result: Unity crashes
Reproducible with: 2017.4.19f1, 2018.3.3f1, 2019.1.0b1, 2019.2.0a3
Note: the Project Window must be open for the Material to be highlightable and the problem to reproduce
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete