Search Issue Tracker
Unity API access errors are logged in even in a valid use-case
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Select the Editor/SelectMe.asset file in the Project window
- Note the error thrown in the console:
GetAssetPath is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'TestContainer' on game object 'SelectMe'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
TestContainer:OnBeforeSerialize() (at Assets/Editor/TestContainer.cs:9)
TestWindow:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Editor/TestWindow.cs:7)
- Reproduced in Version 5.4.0b7 (83df6fa5e23f)
- Not reproducible in Version 5.3.3p1 (828971bd30e1)
- Message doesn't make sense for ScriptableObject since it has no Awake or Start messages.
- By Design: The Unity API is no longer allowed to be called from serialisation under any circumstances and in the future there may be changes to serialisation that make this use case run on a separate thread.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac
- PrntScreen (Snapshot) key is not working on UWP on both old and new input systems
- Show compiled code for compute shaders has the "Cancel" button greyed out
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)