Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Unity crashes on some Windows7 PCs when tbb12.dll gets loaded
Affected Versions: 2021.2.0b1, 2021.2.0b9
It appears that it only affects some Russian Windows7 SP1 versions and other versions with non-US character sets (Japanese and Polish confirmed by users).
In the callstack, you can see it tries display a message box, here's the text:
Program: E:\Program Files\Unity 2021.2.0b9\Editor\Unity.exe
- CRT not initialized
I suspect this happens because LoadLibrary is called from the global constructor, but it's just a guess.
Forum thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2021-2-0b1-does-not-start.1132336/
Mar 11, 2022 00:00
Can confirm it still crashes on 2021.2.14f1 and 2022.1.0b11
Dec 31, 2021 05:19
2021.2.xx all do not start, with the same error code.
I have Windows 7 SP1 x64 English (!), but with language for non-Unicode programs set to Russian.
Changing it to English DOES NOT help the issue.
Clean install of windows 7 SP1 (just drivers and M$VS redists) -- same.
Dec 25, 2021 18:58
Unfortunately, the crash persists in 2022.1.0b2 BETA as well. (Windows 7 SP1 German)
Last version that works fine is 2020.3.25f1 LTS.
Dec 12, 2021 15:44
2022.1.0b1 crashes as well.
Dec 12, 2021 15:29
Can confirm it still crashes on 2021.2.6f1.
Nov 25, 2021 02:20
This issue persists across all 2021.2 versions (i.e 2021.2, 2021.2.1, 2021.2.2, 2021.2.3, etc.)
The engine crashes on startup no matter what 2021.2 version i install, the crashing stops when i install 2021.1+ (i.e 2021.1.26+)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a8