Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
"Unexpected Node Type" error when importing plugin with a corrupt .meta file - error message is not helpful enough
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "NormcoreAssemblyUpgrade.zip"
2. Go to Assets>Plugins
3. Select a Plugin and right click>Reimport
4. Open the Console window
Expected result: No errors
Actual result: Errors appear: "Unexpected node type"
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b17, 2022.1.0a13
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2019.4.31f1 (Errors: "Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/Normcore.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'Unity.EditorCoroutines.Editor'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.")
"Unexpected Node Type" logged when trying to update assemblies
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Crash on CachedWriter::Write when building a project that has access to files being denied
- Lego tutorial does not continue when text fields are updated