Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
"Unexpected Node Type" error when importing plugin with a corrupt .meta file - error message is not helpful enough
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "NormcoreAssemblyUpgrade.zip"
2. Go to Assets>Plugins
3. Select a Plugin and right click>Reimport
4. Open the Console window
Expected result: No errors
Actual result: Errors appear: "Unexpected node type"
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b17, 2022.1.0a13
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2019.4.31f1 (Errors: "Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/Normcore.Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
Unable to resolve reference 'Unity.EditorCoroutines.Editor'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.")
"Unexpected Node Type" logged when trying to update assemblies
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Recursive rendering refraction is very different compared to Rasterization/PathTracing
- [VFX] SMR sampling first frame after culling in T-Pose
- Can't select color from Editor with color picker when Unity Editor is on Secondary monitor
- [Linux] "Error while reading movie" errors in Learning templates due to unsupported .mov video format
- [Android] Crash with Signal 11 when opening app from floating icon state