Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[UNet] Client NetworkAnimator doesn't receive property changes
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project and build it
2. Run 4 instances of project. (Let's call them "Client_A", "Client_B", "Client_D", "Server")
3. Run "Server" as Server Only. Scene will changed and you see 3 "jumping" blue boxes. They are "jumping" cause of blending 2 animation by parameter "axis" (look for AnimatorController asset in project). Blue color represents Server controlled objects
4. Run "Client_A" , press "Connect" button. Scene will change, and you see 1 green box, and 2 jumping red boxes. Green represents your client controlled box. Red - other clients. By changing Vertical axis (UP, DOWN arrow keys) you change the "axis" Animator's parameter, and your box starts jumping. When "Client_A" connects server, on server scene one of the boxes became White - it's mean that some client controlling it
5. Run "Client_B" , press "Connect" button and you will see similar situation. 2 red and one green. Green is yours. On Server on of blue boxes became white
6. Run "Client_D" , press "Connect" button. 2 red and one green boxes again. On Server now all the boxes are white
7. Now all preparations are done, you can control any client, to see if boxes are syncronized
8. Do not change Vertical axis on "Client_D" and disconnect it by pressing stop button. On Server one of white boxes became blue, and starts jumping (it means server assing parameter "axis" on Animator of Client_D's box). On "Client_A" and "Client_B" - that box does not jump (though it should)
9. Disconnect "Client_B", and Connect it again. Notice that "Client_D"'s box now is jumping.
Reproduced with: 5.3.2f1, 5.3.3p3, 5.4.0b10
5.2.4f1 had different bug regarding NetworkAnimator so couldn't check there
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- (Asset DB v1) Deleted Metadata is re-imported based on asset (as opposed to on default behaviour) created off
- [GraphView] Nodes are displayed white on Linux
- [Interactions] Some Interactions don't have the correct startTime, time and duration in callbackContext.
- [Interactions] InputAction.CallbackContext.interaction does not hold the correct value, when it is set to Default.
- Video is not fitted into the screen vertically when Aspect Ratio "Fit Vertically" or "Fit Inside" is selected