Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[Undo] Undoing TMP input component and then adding it again throws MissingReferenceException for MeshRenderer
How to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. Add any empty UI object to Scene
3. Select the game object and in Inspector add TMP input field (not UI type)
4. Ctrl-z once to undo that and add the same component again
5. Observe Console
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MeshRenderer' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 2020.3.26f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b6
Note: once this is done, every time you open any UI object with Mesh Renderer keeps throwing this.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reloading domain while Audio Random Container window is hidden breaks the ability to remove clips
- Xcode is not found when launching Unity with only tvOS module
- Compute shaders for sampling the color of a texture do not compute when running with a GPU that uses level 11.0
- Serialized fields in the Inspector are not shown when the script is derived from the PropertyDrawer class
- [Search] Resizing docked Search window with search term throws errors in the Console