Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[Undo] Undoing TMP input component and then adding it again throws MissingReferenceException for MeshRenderer
How to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. Add any empty UI object to Scene
3. Select the game object and in Inspector add TMP input field (not UI type)
4. Ctrl-z once to undo that and add the same component again
5. Observe Console
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MeshRenderer' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 2020.3.26f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b6
Note: once this is done, every time you open any UI object with Mesh Renderer keeps throwing this.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved