Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[Undo] Undoing TMP input component and then adding it again throws MissingReferenceException for MeshRenderer
How to reproduce:
1. Create new project
2. Add any empty UI object to Scene
3. Select the game object and in Inspector add TMP input field (not UI type)
4. Ctrl-z once to undo that and add the same component again
5. Observe Console
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'MeshRenderer' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Reproduced with: 2020.3.26f1, 2021.2.7f1, 2022.1.0b6
Note: once this is done, every time you open any UI object with Mesh Renderer keeps throwing this.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform