Search Issue Tracker
Undo history is broken when undoing while Color Picker is open
1. Open project “HDRBug”
2. Open scene “SampleScene”
3. Select all “Square”, “Square (1)” and “Square (2)” GameObjects in the scene
4. Open Color Picker and select a color that is not white
5. Undo while Color Picker is still open
Expected result: the colors revert to the original
Actual result: all “Square”, “Square (1)” and “Square (2)” GameObjects turn white
Reproducible with: 2020.3.44f1, 2021.3.17f1, 2022.2.4f1, 2023.1.0b1
Reproducible on: macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (Intel)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] forward+ lighting glitch when built on Xiaomi Mi 10
- Lens Flare occlusion effect doesn't work when the Camera GameObject is behind obstacles
- Texture Importer: Swaps red and blue channels
- Parallax mapping with UVs set other than UV0 plugged into sample texture 2d produces an error
- Objects with single letter name won't show up in hierarchy search results
Closing this as designed.
To summarize, this is happening because the color picker serializes a default initial color of white when opening it. Having this opened and issuing an undo action on multiple selected objects, the defaulted color gets assigned instead of the original colors. Note that when editing the color property for multiple objects, the color picker, at first, it starts with a standard fallback color which is later is replaced by the color picked (if any).