Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1308966_Repro" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "Particle System" GameObject
4. In the Inspector, Particle System Component, expand the "Renderer" section
5. On the Material variable's field press the little circle with a dot to open the Select material window
6. Select the "New Material 1" Material, then select the "New Material 2" Material
Expected result: The Material is changed to "New Material 2"
Actual results: The Material stays "New Material 1" and won't be changed no matter which other Material you select
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b5, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0b4
- Closing and reopening the window will let you change the Material
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac