Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1308966_Repro" project
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy select the "Particle System" GameObject
4. In the Inspector, Particle System Component, expand the "Renderer" section
5. On the Material variable's field press the little circle with a dot to open the Select material window
6. Select the "New Material 1" Material, then select the "New Material 2" Material
Expected result: The Material is changed to "New Material 2"
Actual results: The Material stays "New Material 1" and won't be changed no matter which other Material you select
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b5, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a3
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0b4
- Closing and reopening the window will let you change the Material
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window