Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.3
[UI] UI objects are not displayed in Unity Samples: UI project
1. Open attached project
2. Play Menu 3D scene
3. Notice that UI object are not displayed in scene/game view (all other scenes works fine)
Reproducible: 5.3.0f1 (b948b362cb65)
Regression from: 5.3.0b6 (46b1550107d8)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Apr 11, 2016 05:39
I'm rebroadcasting a fix posted by reviewer Kevin Tantowijaya. In Unity 5.3.x < 5.3.3, the Menu 3D example does not display. (Many people are following this in Unity3d forums and the bug tracker.) Don't bother with suggestions you may read about changing the animation transitions, or shader settings, or whatever. Kevin's simple fix is: drop a UI text item into the Menu 3D canvas; as long as it is not an empty string, the canvas will now draw.
Feb 26, 2016 16:53
Still present in 5.3.3f1
Feb 02, 2016 03:32
persists in 5.3.2f1.
OSX EI Caption 10.11.3
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
Jan 25, 2016 13:36
Still present in 5.3.1f1!
Jan 16, 2016 01:19
persists in 5.3.1p3.
Jan 08, 2016 02:23
still in 5.3.1p2
Dec 29, 2015 12:40
Still present in 5.3.1f1
Dec 28, 2015 03:23
The problem persists in 5.3.1.p1.