Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
UI Toolkit Package Asset Converter is missing Text Core assets conversion
Assets from Text Core that were created while using the UI Toolkit package are not converted to be compatible with 2021.2 when using the conversion tool.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an empty project with Unity 2020.3
2. Add the UI Toolkit package (version preview.14) by typing "com.unity.ui" on the Package Manager (add package from git URL option).
3. Create a PanelSettings somewhere in the project. Notice there's now a folder "UI Toolkit/Resources" with subfolders containing different Text Core assets (FontAsset, SpriteAsset, TextColorGradient, TextSylesheet).
4. Close Unity.
5. Open either a recent Unity 2021.2 or trunk (2022.1) and open the project created in step 1.
6. Select Window > UI Toolkit > Package Asset Converter and click the "Convert" button.
Expected result: the Text Core assets inside the "UI Toolkit/Resources" subfolders are recognized as valid assets.
Actual result: the Text Core assets inside the "UI Toolkit/Resources" subfolders are shown as "missing (Mono Script)" and are therefore not valid.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"