Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
UI Toolkit Package Asset Converter is missing Text Core assets conversion
Assets from Text Core that were created while using the UI Toolkit package are not converted to be compatible with 2021.2 when using the conversion tool.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an empty project with Unity 2020.3
2. Add the UI Toolkit package (version preview.14) by typing "com.unity.ui" on the Package Manager (add package from git URL option).
3. Create a PanelSettings somewhere in the project. Notice there's now a folder "UI Toolkit/Resources" with subfolders containing different Text Core assets (FontAsset, SpriteAsset, TextColorGradient, TextSylesheet).
4. Close Unity.
5. Open either a recent Unity 2021.2 or trunk (2022.1) and open the project created in step 1.
6. Select Window > UI Toolkit > Package Asset Converter and click the "Convert" button.
Expected result: the Text Core assets inside the "UI Toolkit/Resources" subfolders are recognized as valid assets.
Actual result: the Text Core assets inside the "UI Toolkit/Resources" subfolders are shown as "missing (Mono Script)" and are therefore not valid.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- All models become suddenly stuck in weird poses and Animations are messed up when previewing any character animation in the Editor and looking around in the Scene View
- Files are not included in the “Assembly-CSharp.csproj” file when they are in the Editor folder
- [URP] Specular Color behavior does not match Legacy or HDRP
- [Linux] Array Element doesn't duplicate/delete when clicking "Duplicate/Delete Array Element" on an Array Element in a Prefab GameObject
- [ShaderGraph] Skewed guidelines are drawn from the top left corner of the Node when it is moved