Search Issue Tracker
[uGUI] Button does not get highlighted if it has been pressed at least once
1. Open project in "ButtonHighlight.zip (25.8 KB)"
2. Open SampleScene and enter Play Mode
3. Highlight the button by hovering the mouse above it (it will turn red while the mouse is hovering above it)
4. Click the button once
5. Try hovering your mouse above the button to highlight it
Expected result: button gets highlighted (it will turn red while the mouse is hovering above it)
Actual result: button no longer gets highlighted
Reproducible with: 2019.4.10f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b1
Could not test with: 2018.4.27f1, 2019.3.0a1, because after pressing it the button always stays highlighted
1. If switching Unity versions be sure to create a new Event System and Canvas (including its all elements) (older bugs remain after updating the project)
2. It seems this issue was introduced when fixing the permanently highlighted button so I will not mark this as a regression, I could not find however find the version where the change was made (somewhere in 2019.1, 2019.2 alphas)
3. Also reproducible in build (Standalone)
4. Video is attached
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
- Physics.SphereCastNonAlloc is slow when the results array is large
Dec 25, 2022 18:43
Thank you FARRESTO, it worked.
Jul 26, 2022 05:37
For anyone finding this: setting Navigation to "None" did the trick.
Jul 26, 2022 05:35
It seems really strange that it's by design. I need to press another button to be able to see the highlight again on the first button.
Is there any way around it?