Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Ubuntu - Keyboard input not working in editor game view
Keyboard input is not registered in the game view. It's only registered in the scene view. The attached project uses the new input system. I tried other projects with the new input system on Ubuntu and I have the same issue.
Steps to reproduce.
- Open the attached project in 2020.1.0a14 using Ubuntu 16.04
- Open the scene BubbleBobble_lvl_1
- Press play
- Use W, A, S, D to move the character, space to spawn bubble.
Notice issue >> The buttons will only work in the scene view and not in the game view.
Unity: 2020.1.0a12, 2020.1.0a14, Ubuntu
Package: preview.3 - 1.0.0, preview.2 - 1.0.0, preview - 1.0.0
Unity 2020.1.0a14, Windows 10, preview - 1.0.0
Unity 2019.3.0f1, Ubuntu, preview - 1.0.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Sep 18, 2020 17:19
unity 2020 does not work with a single keyboard strokes AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Jan 20, 2020 17:36
I'm seeing a similar issue even when running the karting microgame tutorial.