Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.7
[tvOS] Memory usage is consistently increasing in a tvOS build
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Build for tvOS
3. Build generated Xcode project to Apple TV
4. Keep the project running for a while and look at the apps memory report in Xcode
5. Notice the memory usage is increasing all the time
It looks like the apparent memory leak is caused by two things:
1. "Enable backtrace recording" setting being checked in the run scheme options. This is what causes the runaway memory usage.
2. 8MB virtual memory block taken by libc malloc at the startup of the application being slowly dirtied due to fragmentation. To Xcode it looks like increased memory usage. While it indeed increases memory pressure slightly, it is pretty much expected.
Both of the above do not happen on older tvOS versions, so we think that the some internal changes in tvOS itself are to blame.
We will set the "Enable backtrace recording" setting in the default run schemes provided by Unity to unchecked.
As for the 8MB allocation, there's not much we can do about it. The only fix is to significantly reduce the number of transient memory allocations, which needs a large refactor of the Unity core.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Missing Lights when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP
- .NETStandard 2.1 in the editor is missing System.Memory, System.Buffers at runtime
- [iOS] Multi Line Mobile Input Fields show transparent background when Dark Mode is enabled and no text is in the field