Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[TreeViewUtility] NullReferenceException when trying to configure Avatar
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project (link bellow)
2. Open scene "golem totally awesome"
3. Select "golem mecanim" in hierarchy
4. In its Avatar component, click on "Avatar" field to be redirected to the avatar in project tab
5. Click on "golem mecanimAvatar" in project tab and click "Configure Avatar"
6. Avatar configuration scene is opened but bones aren't expanded and two exceptions are thrown in console:
"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.TreeViewUtility.SetChildParentReferences (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 visibleItems, UnityEditor.TreeViewItem root)......"
"InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
System.Collections.Stack.Peek () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections/Stack.cs:321)....."
Expected behavior: Bones are expanded and no errors are printed in console
Note: this bug is very "picky" when trying to reproduce it:
1. Deleting any object from the scene makes this bug not reproducible
2. Selecting "golem mecanimAvatar" directly from project tab (without being redirected to it like in step 4) makes this bug not reproducible
3. This bug is only reproducible one. To reproduce it again, one needs to reopen project
Regression introduced in 5.3.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset