Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Selection outline is wrong when using Mask Interaction
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. In Hierarchy select Trail, make sure Trail Renderer component Mask Interaction is set to None
3. Move Trail around scene and notice orange selection outline around trails
4. Change Mask Interaction to Visible Inside Mask
5. Move Trail around scene
Expected result: selection outline is shown for selected Trail
Actual result: selection outline is not rendered, thus making it hard to see trails while outside the mask
Reproduced with: 2022.1.0a13
Mask Interaction was introduced in 2022.1.0a7
Note: Also reproduces with Line Renderer, Sprites, Particle Systems.
RichardK note: When using Visible Inside Mask, the selection outline totally vanishes. When using Visible Outside Mask, the selection outline shows up both inside and outside the mask. Presumably we need to add support to the selection shader for the visible inside/outside mask render states.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Editor Window not visualizing changes when selecting different Filter Modes
- Crash on UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline () when opening a project
- The Texture Shape of an Image changes from 2D to a Cube when the project is upgraded to 2019 and above
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0