Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Touching outside the Android touch keyboard does not change the TouchScreenKeyboard status to Done or Canceled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open and build/run QA-supplied project on Android/("KeyboardText.zip")
2. Press the "Open Keyboard", notice the text in the middle of the screen says "Visible"
3. Press somewhere outside the keyboard to make it close
Expected: the text says "LostFocus"
Actual: the text says "Visible"
Reproduced in: 2018.4.19f1, 2019.3.6f1, 2019.3.7f1, 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0a4
Not reproduced in: 2019.2.0a1 (Can't build), 2019.2.0b1 (Can't build), 2019.2.0f1, 2019.2.15f1, 2019.2.21f1, 2019.3.0a1, 2019.3.5f1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a11
Fixed in 2019.2, appears in 2019.3.6f1 again, fixed in 2020.1, appears in 2020.2.0a1
If my attached project malfunctions, try to build the user project and see if the keyboard opens for the second time once out of focus, if not, the bug reproduces, if it open again, the bug does not reproduce.
VLNQA00277, Asus ROG Phone (ASUS_Z01QD), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00121, Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
VLNQA00021, Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F), Android 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 8 Octa 8890, GPU: Mali-T880
VLNQA00288, Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J730F), Android 8.1.0, CPU: Exynos 7 Octa 7870, GPU: Mali-T830
Unable to test on iOS since clicking on an area outside of the keyboard does not lose focus of the keyboard, though every other action (Visible, Canceled, Done) seems to work as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Oct 08, 2021 04:18
Probably related this bug where clicking outside the Oculus Quest keyboard does not return focus to unity and TouchScreenKeyboard status is stuck on "Visible".
Reproduced on Oculus Quest 2, update v33.
Can't link to Oculus forms here.
Sep 17, 2020 10:44
We're having this issue in 2019.4.8f1 and it's unclear which versions others than 2020.2 this should be fixed in.
"Fixed in 2019.2, appears in 2019.3.6f1 again" - So is this expected to be broken in 2019 LTS?
May 06, 2020 21:12
Glad to see this fixed.
I'm pretty sure tapping out side the keyboard on ios does lose focus but it works correctly. Must just be the. Version of ios the guy is using that submitted this bug report