Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.4.5
Found in [Package]
[Timeline] Particle System is not emitting particles in Editor Mode when its state is set to true through the Timeline
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1212943-PsActivationBug2.zip"
2. In the Project window open "SampleScene.unity" under "Scenes" folder
3. Keep the Timeline Window open and select the "Particle System" GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. In Timeline Window play the Timeline Preview
5. The "Particle System(1)" GameObject will be set active after a while but the particles are not emitting from it
Expected results: particles are emitted when the Particle System state is set to true
Actual results: particles are not emitted when the Particle System state is set to true
Reproduced with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.16f1, Timeline 1.1.0 (2019.2.19f1), Timeline 1.3.0-preview.6 (2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a20)
-Does not reproduce in Play Mode
-When playing the Timeline animation backwards the Particle System's particles are emitted
-When Pausing and unpausing the Timeline Preview the Particle System's particles are emitted
-Extending the Control Track beyond original track bounds fixes the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window
- HasProperty misleadingly returns true when no "_ST"-named property exists in Shader file