Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Time to instantiate an object or add a component grows with repeated cycles
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open the latest attached project
2. Open the profiler window
3. Press play
Expected result: steady performance impact
Actual result: time needed to instantiate or add a component increases each time the script is run, even if you delete objects on the same frame
Reproduced on 5.2.3f1. 5.3.6f1, 5.3.7p2, 5.4.3p1, 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0a5
-Currently the project is set to create 100 objects every frame. This can also be reproduced by lowering the number(to even 1): the time needed rises slower, but is still gets to a point where performance issues are evident.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode