Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
URP shaders don't compile on DX11 feature level 10 GPUs
1. Create a new Unity project using the URP template
2. Enable the "Enable Preview Packages" option in the Package Manager settings
3. Open Package Manager and upgrade the Universal RP package to any version from 9.0.0 or 10.1.0.
Expected result: The new URP shaders are compiled, and the sample objects' materials are still displayed correctly, like in URP 8.2.0.
Actual result: All the sample objects' materials turn pink. The shader "TileDepthInfo" from URP package is not compiled correctly, and this breaks most of the built-in URP shaders.
Reproducible with URP 9.0.0 - 10.1.0: 2020.1, 2020.2
Not reproducible with URP version: 8.2.0
Tested with Intel HD 3000(Shader Model 4.1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build