Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Tile StartUp method is called more times than the number of Tiles when placing them
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Main" scene in the attached "1046004_repro.zip" project
2. Create a custom Tile Asset (Asset/Create/Tiles/TEST)
3. Select the newly created Tile Asset and assign its' "Sprite" field a value
4. Drag and drop the Tile Asset into the Tile Palette
5. Select that Tile from the Tile Palette
6. Place it in the Tilemap (in the Scene)
7. Move the cursor from the placed Tile
Expected result: When placing the Tile Asset into the Tile Palette or placing a Tile into the scene, the StartUp method for that Tile gets called as many times as there are Tiles placed.
Actual result: When placing the Tile Asset into the Tile Palette or placing a Tile into the scene, the StartUp method for that Tile gets called more times than the number of Tiles actually placed (view debug messages in the Console).
Reproducible with - 2017.2.3p1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.4f1, 2018.2.0b7, 2018.3.0a1
- The issue does not occur in the Play mode (when entering the Play mode, the StartUp method is called once for each Tile in the Scene and in the Tile Palette)
- Could not test on 2017.1, since Test Palette was introduced in 2017.2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- HDR values are not taken into account when using baked gradient environment
- [Asset Importer] Custom framerate error should only be logged when frame rate is used
- 'NullReferenceException' is thrown when selecting multiple Particle Systems with Texture Sheet Animation module expanded
- Particle System with Texture Sheet Animation has a different playback speed from an Animation clip when using "FPS" Time Mode
- [PLM] Baked contribution from high intensity HDRIs is not handled properly in linear color space