Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Tile StartUp method is called more times than the number of Tiles when placing them
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Main" scene in the attached "1046004_repro.zip" project
2. Create a custom Tile Asset (Asset/Create/Tiles/TEST)
3. Select the newly created Tile Asset and assign its' "Sprite" field a value
4. Drag and drop the Tile Asset into the Tile Palette
5. Select that Tile from the Tile Palette
6. Place it in the Tilemap (in the Scene)
7. Move the cursor from the placed Tile
Expected result: When placing the Tile Asset into the Tile Palette or placing a Tile into the scene, the StartUp method for that Tile gets called as many times as there are Tiles placed.
Actual result: When placing the Tile Asset into the Tile Palette or placing a Tile into the scene, the StartUp method for that Tile gets called more times than the number of Tiles actually placed (view debug messages in the Console).
Reproducible with - 2017.2.3p1, 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.4f1, 2018.2.0b7, 2018.3.0a1
- The issue does not occur in the Play mode (when entering the Play mode, the StartUp method is called once for each Tile in the Scene and in the Tile Palette)
- Could not test on 2017.1, since Test Palette was introduced in 2017.2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pressing Control when the Scene View is in focus logs a "CommandBuffer: temporary render texture not found while executing" warning
- [Android] UI is being scaled up on some Android devices when the referenced resolution in the "Canvas Scaler" component is larger than the actual screen resolution of the device
- Resizing the Scene View causes the Editor to lag when the Canvas contains many items and it's Rect Transform size is changed
- Gizmo Settings Menu overflows to another monitor when the Scene View is expanded
- [Android] Sprite transparency does not work when using RGB ETC1 format and a warning is shown "Cannot compress to ETC1. The split alpha channel and compression to ETC1 requires a packing tag."