Search Issue Tracker
Throwing exception in IPreprocessBuildWithReport does not cancel build process
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("PreBuildProcessIssue.zip")
2. Try building the project via "Build > Build and Run"
3. Notice the thrown exception and "Build completed with a result of 'Failed'" error message in the console
4. Clear the console
5. Try building via "File > Build Settings > Build" and also via "Build -> Test Build" (in menu bar)
5. Inspect the console
Expected results: All builds fail to build, "Build completed with a result of 'Failed'" error message can be seen in the console
Actual results: "File > Build Settings > Build" and "BuildPipeline.BuildPlayer()" builds are built successfully despite the thrown exception
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a13
Could not test with 2017.4, as it lacks IPreprocessBuildWithReport interface
This is a duplicate of issue #1097286[Build Callbacks] Build does not fail when using BuildFailedException
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] [Bugreporter] Suggestion box never updates
- [Pen][Editor] Pen position is not consistent with Mouse position in custom Editor window.
- InvalidOperationException when exiting Playmode
- Inspector mode defaults to "Normal" after Editor restart
- UI references to public script functions lost on upgrade