Search Issue Tracker
The Save button is not disabled when saving Search Query as an Asset with only a Space in the Name field
1. Download the attached project "Search.zip" and open it in Unity
2. Open the Search window
3. Type something in the Input Field of Search window (in example "t: texture")
4. Press the Save button > Save Project...
5. In opened window delete entered name
6. Observe that the "Save" button is disabled
7. Enter a Space in the name input field
Expected Result: The "Save" button is still disabled
Actual Result: The "Save" button becomes active, you can press it and upon that it produces Errors in the Console:
"'Assets/ .asset' is not a valid asset file name.
"Failed to save search query at Assets/ .asset
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string,int) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:127)"
Reproduced on Unity 2021.2.18f1, 2022.1.0b14 and 2022.2.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (2022.2.X):
After some investigation, the save button in OSX cannot be disabled if there's only an empty space. Therefore if the user continues to save the current query, then the system detects the invalid file name and reports the error in the console which is correct.