Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[InContext] ApplyPatchedPropertiesToContent: "The object of type 'TextMeshPro' has been destroyed ..."
Text Mesh Pro package "Version 3.0.0-preview.12 - May 11, 2020"
1. Import Text Mesh Pro essentials
2. Load "02 - Multi-line TextMesh Pro" scene
3. Convert "Multi Line TextMesh Pro" GameObject to prefab
4. Make an override in "TextMeshPro-Text" component on the instance
5. Switch to InContext mode
6. Remove "TextMeshPro-Text" component
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'TextMeshPro' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Not repro in Version 2018.4.23f1 (8a071d16a0e7) + TMP version 1.4.1 (verified)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window