Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
The generated IL2CPP code no longer Marshals a Struct to its Native Representation before passing it to a Native Function
1. Download attached project "IL2CPPMarshalling.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "Main" scene
3. Build for iOS
4. In the generated iOS Build folder under Classes > Native open "Bulk_Assembly-CSharp_0.cpp"
5. Search for "SendHandle"
6. Observe that IL2CPP code no longer performs a Marshaling step to Native Representation
- Differences between 2018.2 and 2018.3 are attached in the Comments section
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.6f1, 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b5 and 2019.2.0a6
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.2.20f1 and 2018.3.5f1
Regression on Unity 2018.3.6f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.2):
The default array marshaling behavior for blittable arrays as fields was changed in 2018.3 to match the .NET Framework behavior.