Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
The Editor freezes when applying changes to a prefab which has child GameObjects with Tilemap components
1. Open user attached project
2. Select game object "Arena" in the Hierarchy
3. Select its child game object "Tilemap"
4. Duplicate it about 5 times
5. Select "Apply" on game object "Arena"
Expected: Changes are applied
Actual: Editor freezes
Reproducible with: 2017.4.5f1, 2018.1.5f1, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.3.0a2
- Wasn't able to test with 2017.2 due to project crashing on launch
- Tilemaps added in 2017.2
- If you delete the "Obstacles" game object which has a SpriteRenderer component Unity doesn't freeze no matter how many times you duplicate "Tilemap"
- Crashes in 2018.3.0a2 ( editor.log added )
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets