Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
The Editor crashes when closing 2 custom editor windows at the same time
1. Open "DEL_2017.zip" project
2. "Tools" -> "Level Maker"
3. "Piece Editor"
4. Close both of the windows with the "x" close button in the top right of the custom window
Expected Result: Custom windows close
Actual Result: The Editor crashes
Fixed in: 2018.1.0b1
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a5, 2017.3.0b11, 2017.2.0p3, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.2.0f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.2.0b1, 2017.2.0a4, 2017.2.0a1 (559228b1ba23), 2017.2.0a1 (42b0c0ab4abe)
Did not reproduce on: 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p3 (No longer crashes, but results in a lengthy error)
"InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEditor.EditorWindow].VerifyState () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:778)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEditor.EditorWindow].MoveNext () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:784)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OnDestroy () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:89)
The above error often times appears on Mac OS with the reproducible versions, but after a few tries the editor crashes
Does not crash if the windows are closed separately
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes