Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.3
Won't Fix in 2017.2
The Editor crashes when closing 2 custom editor windows at the same time
1. Open "DEL_2017.zip" project
2. "Tools" -> "Level Maker"
3. "Piece Editor"
4. Close both of the windows with the "x" close button in the top right of the custom window
Expected Result: Custom windows close
Actual Result: The Editor crashes
Fixed in: 2018.1.0b1
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a5, 2017.3.0b11, 2017.2.0p3, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.2.0f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.2.0b1, 2017.2.0a4, 2017.2.0a1 (559228b1ba23), 2017.2.0a1 (42b0c0ab4abe)
Did not reproduce on: 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p3 (No longer crashes, but results in a lengthy error)
"InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEditor.EditorWindow].VerifyState () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:778)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEditor.EditorWindow].MoveNext () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:784)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OnDestroy () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:89)
The above error often times appears on Mac OS with the reproducible versions, but after a few tries the editor crashes
Does not crash if the windows are closed separately
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Japanese diacritic symbols are missing from the build executable file when building the project
- [Hub] Tutorial Project summaries advise to set preferred Editor to 2019.1 when Hub 2.x does not have preferred Editor anymore
- Tilemap Collider 2D exists when tiles are being deleted
- Using Assert.Inconclusive in editmode stops the running test
- Overriding OnInspectorGUI without EditorGUILayout GetControlRect results in EditorGUI PropertyField invisible/clipped/collapsed