Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.3
Won't Fix in 2017.2
The Editor crashes when closing 2 custom editor windows at the same time
1. Open "DEL_2017.zip" project
2. "Tools" -> "Level Maker"
3. "Piece Editor"
4. Close both of the windows with the "x" close button in the top right of the custom window
Expected Result: Custom windows close
Actual Result: The Editor crashes
Fixed in: 2018.1.0b1
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0a5, 2017.3.0b11, 2017.2.0p3, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.2.0f1, 2017.2.0b11, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.2.0b1, 2017.2.0a4, 2017.2.0a1 (559228b1ba23), 2017.2.0a1 (42b0c0ab4abe)
Did not reproduce on: 2017.1.2p3, 5.6.4p3 (No longer crashes, but results in a lengthy error)
"InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEditor.EditorWindow].VerifyState () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:778)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[UnityEditor.EditorWindow].MoveNext () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:784)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OnDestroy () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/DockArea.cs:89)
The above error often times appears on Mac OS with the reproducible versions, but after a few tries the editor crashes
Does not crash if the windows are closed separately
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build