Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
Textures do not work with a specific compression format when setting texture size to 1024 and padding 2
1. Open attached project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Select TestScript in the hierarchy
4. Notice that size=1024, padding=2
5. Press Play (You can see only the red rectangle)
6. Stop scene and change padding of TestScript to 0
7. Press Play. You can see distorted rectangles.
8. Stop scene. Then change the padding of TestScript to 16
9. You can see correctly combined texture which contains square red, green, blue rectangles.
Actual result: padding =2 doesn't work correctly when textures are compressed with RGB Compressed ETC 4 bits format.
Expected result: padding =2 should work correctly when textures are compressed with RGB Compressed ETC 4 bits format.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a5, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0a25, 2020.2.0a1
Not reproducible: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.1.0a4
Note: This issue happens only if textures are compressed with RGB Compressed ETC 4 bits format.
When setting a texture size to 512, padding = 2 works fine.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- "Image invalid format!" Error is thrown when Generating Lights on Vulkan Graphics API and Android Build target
- [Mono Upgrade]FileSystemWatcher FileSystemWatcherArgs.Name variable returning the full path instead of the relative file name
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode