Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X, 2021.1.X
Textures do not work with a specific compression format when setting texture size to 1024 and padding 2
1. Open attached project
2. Open SampleScene
3. Select TestScript in the hierarchy
4. Notice that size=1024, padding=2
5. Press Play (You can see only the red rectangle)
6. Stop scene and change padding of TestScript to 0
7. Press Play. You can see distorted rectangles.
8. Stop scene. Then change the padding of TestScript to 16
9. You can see correctly combined texture which contains square red, green, blue rectangles.
Actual result: padding =2 doesn't work correctly when textures are compressed with RGB Compressed ETC 4 bits format.
Expected result: padding =2 should work correctly when textures are compressed with RGB Compressed ETC 4 bits format.
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0a5, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0a25, 2020.2.0a1
Not reproducible: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.1.0a4
Note: This issue happens only if textures are compressed with RGB Compressed ETC 4 bits format.
When setting a texture size to 512, padding = 2 works fine.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.19f1