Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
When using the Button component, Texture2D can't be unloaded after switching the Scene and/or using Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's project
2. Open the scene "TestA"
~it has a script which loads "TestB" scene when pressing Space~
4. Open the Memory Profiler, Detailed, Take Sample Editor
5. Inspect Assets > Texture2D, it clearly has some sprites
6. Return to Game Window and press Space (it loads SceneB)
7. Take Sample Editor again
8. Inspect Assets > Texture2D, also has sprites, even though there are none in the scene
Expected result: Assets can be unloaded after switching the scene and Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets();
Actual result: Texture2D assets cannot be unloaded
Reproducible with - 2019.1.0a5, 2019.1.6f1, 2019.2.0b5, 2019.3.0a5
Not reproducible with - 2017.4.28f1, 2018.4.2f1, 2019.1.0a4 (some assets can be unloaded)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- ‘[…] doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex’’ error when using Gizmos with [MainTexture] attribute
- "undefined symbol: WebView_loadHtml (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)" errors when building a WebGL build
- Script recompiles in Play Mode when Script Changes While Playing option is set to Recompile After Finished Playing and Auto refresh is set to enabled.
- [Windows][Vulkan] Scrambled texture objects are rendered when setting one with Texture2D.UpdateExternalTexture
- NullReferenceException errors appear when using "select half" button