Search Issue Tracker
Texture Importer: Swaps red and blue channels
When importing textures into Unity 2021.3.20f1, it swaps the red and blue channel so that the texture color is wrong.
It does not matter if it is a default texture or a normal map, they are all affected.
The behaviour can be reproduced in Unity 2021.3.20f1 and it does not happen in earlier 2021.3 versions, especially in the 2021.3.19f1 version.
We experienced the same problem some time ago in a 2020.3 version and it then suddenly was gone again with an newer version and did not show up until just now.
To reproduce the problem you can follow the steps below:
1. Create a new project with the URP sample project template with Unity 2021.3.20f1
2. Select the albedo texture under ExampleAssets/Textures/Props/HardHat and take a look at the inspector. There you will see that the texture has a bluish tint, but it originally should be yellow, as you can see in the small preview shown in the inspector in the top left corner. See also the attached screenshot.
3. Select the corresponding normal texture. There you will also see that the normal texture does not look properly.
May 11, 2023 17:53
Well, using Swizzle in last Unity version shows that:
RGBA textures shown as RGBA in Project, but rendered as BGRA at materials in 3D-view and in game too.
Switching R and B channels with Swizzle shows wrong colors in Prokect, but correct at 3D-view.
May 10, 2023 18:58
Looks like the problem is somehow connected with bugged shader or material of default Skybox, but I still can not understand why some textures were imported as blue and reimported with correct color later (and materails with correct textures has become blue)..
May 09, 2023 14:20
And LTS Release 2020.3.47f1too.
May 09, 2023 13:20
Same issue at version 2020.3.26f1.
Some textures shown with blue tint in builded game and library.
Reimporting switches them to original view (correct colos) in library but not in game.
After using Reimort all all textures looks nice in library, bur game and editor 3d-viewport both show incorrect colors now.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
We have unfortunately not been able to reproduce this bug despite using the exact same set of importer dependencies. Additionally, we have not seen this sort of issue in the Texture Importer before and currently have not found a link between the importer code and the presented issue.