Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Test Runner][iOS] Exception is thrown to the Console when running tests in player
1. Open the attached project;
2. Click Window->Test Runner;
3. In Test Runner Window, select PlayMode tab;
4. Click "Run all in player (iOS)";
5. Observe the console.
Expected result: Tests are successfully performed, or a popup/warning appears, informing what needs to be set up for the iOS tests to work.
Actual results: an error is thrown to console:
Exception: Device ID not specified. Set IOS_DEVICE_ID environment variable for iOS tests and TVOS_DEVICE_ID for tvOS tests
UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Common.AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.GetDeviceIdForTests (BuildTarget target) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.cs:205)
Reproducible on: 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b6, 2018.3.0a1.
Not reproduced on: 2017.4.4f1 and lower.
Note: on 2018.2 and 2018.3 error is a bit different:
AppleCommandLineBuildAndRunException: Xcodebuild failed building project
UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Common.AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.LaunchXcodebuildBuild (System.String projectPath, BuildTarget target, Boolean configurationRelease) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.cs:132)
UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Common.AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.BuildAndRunWithiOSDeploy (BuildTarget target, System.String projectPath) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.cs:34)
UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.Launch (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:2248)
UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.LaunchPlayer (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:32)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Launch (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget buildTarget, System.String path, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport buildReport) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:174)
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a6.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Motion field of the Blend Tree doesn't get set when double clicking on the Motion in the Select Motion window
- Application.systemLanguage returns "Unknown" when system language is set to Norwegian Bokmål/Nynorsk
- Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
- [Mobile] DownloadHander.text throws an exeption when reading a not supported exception
- Particle System's Point Light flickers while Looping is on and Emission Rate over Time is set to 0 with Bursts Count set to 1