Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Test Runner][iOS] Exception is thrown to the Console when running tests in player
1. Open the attached project;
2. Click Window->Test Runner;
3. In Test Runner Window, select PlayMode tab;
4. Click "Run all in player (iOS)";
5. Observe the console.
Expected result: Tests are successfully performed, or a popup/warning appears, informing what needs to be set up for the iOS tests to work.
Actual results: an error is thrown to console:
Exception: Device ID not specified. Set IOS_DEVICE_ID environment variable for iOS tests and TVOS_DEVICE_ID for tvOS tests
UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Common.AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.GetDeviceIdForTests (BuildTarget target) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.cs:205)
Reproducible on: 2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.2f1, 2018.2.0b6, 2018.3.0a1.
Not reproduced on: 2017.4.4f1 and lower.
Note: on 2018.2 and 2018.3 error is a bit different:
AppleCommandLineBuildAndRunException: Xcodebuild failed building project
UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Common.AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.LaunchXcodebuildBuild (System.String projectPath, BuildTarget target, Boolean configurationRelease) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.cs:132)
UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.Common.AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.BuildAndRunWithiOSDeploy (BuildTarget target, System.String projectPath) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/AppleCommandLineBuildAndRun.cs:34)
UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.Launch (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:2248)
UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.LaunchPlayer (BuildLaunchPlayerArgs args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:32)
UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Launch (BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, BuildTarget buildTarget, System.String path, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport buildReport) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:174)
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a6.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Build Callbacks] Build is not failing when BuildFailedException is thrown in the PostProcessScene Callback
- [Terrain] The function TerrainData.GetDetailLayer only returns 0 or 1
- [Windows 7] VideoPlayer.Prepare causes a stack overflow crash if Video is loaded from asset bundle
- [WebGL] Mouse input is blocked after a few moves when using Edge browser
- Builds that contain terrain using the Nature/Terrain/Standard shader produce errors when run in headless mode