Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
[Terrain] InvalidCastException thrown on Creating New Brush with Cubmap Texture under Paint Terrain in the Inspector
When New Brush is created with Cubmap texture under Paint Terrain causes the Editor to throw InvalidCastException, refer attached video.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new project.
2. Project > Create > Sprite > Square
3. Inspector > Texture Type > Default
4. Inspector > Texture Shape > Cube > Apply
5. Hierarchy > Create > 3D Object > Terrain
6. Inspector > Terrain > Paint Terrain
7. New Brush > Assign Square(Cubmap)
InvalidCastException thrown when the New Brush is created with Cubmap Texture
New Brush is created with Cubmap Texture gracefully
Note: New Brush is introduced in Unity 2018.3
2020.2.0a9, 2020.1.0b7, 2019.3.10f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.1.11f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2018.3.0f2
Windows 10 & macOS 10.14
InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
UnityEditor.BrushList.<CreateBrush>b__21_0 (UnityEngine.Object selection) (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEditor.ObjectSelector.NotifySelectorClosed (System.Boolean exitGUI) (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
UnityEditor.ObjectSelector.OnDisable () (at <5951c2421c324f47883bd5ba8a4bf507>:0)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used