Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 1.6.X
Found in [Package]
System.NullReferenceException error when assigning variable to float2 without implicitly converting to float
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project from "halfcastBurst1358209.zip"
2. Navigate to "Jobs > Burst > Open Inspector..."
3. Observe the error of "HalfCastBurstException.Reproduce"
Expected result: "half" has an implicit operator to vectors and should act like it
Actual result: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error appears
Reproducible with: 1.6.0 (2019.4.30f1, 2020.3.18f1, 2021.1.22f1, 2021.2.0b12, 2022.1.0a9)
1. In 1.6.0-pre.3 it appeared as an invalid bit cast error
2. Workaround: One can resolve the issue manually by writing:
float4 x = (float)myHalf;
float4 x = myHalf;
3. The issue occurs with float2, float3, float4, double2, double3, and double4 but not with custom types that define implicit conversion functions
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete