Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.1
Substance generates incorrect warning when changing shader type
After changing a Substance material's shader, a warning message will appear in the material. This message goes away immediately after adjusting any values in the material, or deselecting it then reselecting it.
1. Open the attached project, select the Limestone_Blocks asset
2. Change the Shader type from "Standard" to "Standard (Specular Setup)
3. Observe the following warning message in the material:
"Emissive value is animated but the material has not been configured to suppot emissive. Please make sure the material itself has some amount of emissive."
4. Change the specularity, or deselect then reselect the asset
5. Observe that the warning message has disappeared
Warning messages should not appear in the material when they are not appropriate.
Reproducible in versions 5.5.0b7 (bd91e53964bc) and 5.4.1p4 (139dac7766f0).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Profiler] When all charts are closed, reopening the Profiler Window will show CPU Profiler details
- [VCS] Opening or clicking Refresh in VersionControl window should save assets
- [VCS] Option to do RevertUnchanged on each Submit ("revertunchanged" in p4)
- [VCS] Request: VersionControl window could show which assets are checked out but not actually modified
- Cannot move camera slider in LOD Group component on Mac