Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.1
Substance generates incorrect warning when changing shader type
After changing a Substance material's shader, a warning message will appear in the material. This message goes away immediately after adjusting any values in the material, or deselecting it then reselecting it.
1. Open the attached project, select the Limestone_Blocks asset
2. Change the Shader type from "Standard" to "Standard (Specular Setup)
3. Observe the following warning message in the material:
"Emissive value is animated but the material has not been configured to suppot emissive. Please make sure the material itself has some amount of emissive."
4. Change the specularity, or deselect then reselect the asset
5. Observe that the warning message has disappeared
Warning messages should not appear in the material when they are not appropriate.
Reproducible in versions 5.5.0b7 (bd91e53964bc) and 5.4.1p4 (139dac7766f0).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player