Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Stereo video becomes horizontally stretched when transcoded with "Keep Alpha" enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "StereoVideo.zip" project
2. In the Project view, select "testvideo.webm"
3. In the Inspector, play the preview of the video
Expected results: The video plays and shows two images
Actual results: The video shows half of each image and is stretched
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a9, 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.14f1, 2019.3.0a8
Note: The issue does not reproduce is you disable "Keep Alpha" in the Transcode options
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Unity uses a split-alpha layout internally to add transparency support for codecs that don't natively support it such as H.264/H.265. This has the side-effect of doubling the image width which must be undone at display time. Addition of hardware-accelerated video decoding on Windows/UWP has broken this. Fixed the missing width compensation in the new code.