Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[StaticBatching] Unneeded individual shadow batching calls are issued when certain material is selected in Project folder
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 't1' scene;
2. Open Frame Debugger (Window -> Frame Debugger);
3. Open Profiler (Window -> Profiler);
4. Enter Play mode;
5. In Frame Debugger window click 'Enable' button;
6. In Project folder select 'New Material' material;
7. Observe draw calls is Profiler and Shadows.RenderJobDir calls in Profiler.
There are only Static batch calls fo Cube shadows (see attached expected.png screenshot).
Unneeded individual draw calls for Cube mesh are shown apart from Static Batch shadow calls. See attached video and actual.png screenshot.
Workaround is to select 'New Material 2' in Project folder and observe that only static batch calls are now issued.
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0b6, 5.6.0p1, 5.5.2p1;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.12.3 and Windows 10;
- Reproducible only in Editor; not reproducible in Standalone Player.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Double calls on AssetPostprocessor.OnPostprocessAllAssets when creating a prefab. Each time prefab has diferent instanceID
- [AvatarBuilder] Freeze/crash on "`anonymous namespace'::MarkBoneUp" while calling AvatarBuilder.BuildHumanAvatar() method
- Tessellation is wobbling when moving in and out with Lit.shader
- Text letters are drawn on each other when using bold style a specific 'kelson' font
- [Animation] Inserting a key to a curve that has a single key when editing multiple curves causes assertion.