Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[StaticBatching] Unneeded individual shadow batching calls are issued when certain material is selected in Project folder
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 't1' scene;
2. Open Frame Debugger (Window -> Frame Debugger);
3. Open Profiler (Window -> Profiler);
4. Enter Play mode;
5. In Frame Debugger window click 'Enable' button;
6. In Project folder select 'New Material' material;
7. Observe draw calls is Profiler and Shadows.RenderJobDir calls in Profiler.
There are only Static batch calls fo Cube shadows (see attached expected.png screenshot).
Unneeded individual draw calls for Cube mesh are shown apart from Static Batch shadow calls. See attached video and actual.png screenshot.
Workaround is to select 'New Material 2' in Project folder and observe that only static batch calls are now issued.
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0b6, 5.6.0p1, 5.5.2p1;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.12.3 and Windows 10;
- Reproducible only in Editor; not reproducible in Standalone Player.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Typing Asian characters inside an InputField then changing its text throught the Inspector freezes the InputField
- Scene is set dirty immediately after opening it
- [iOS] Black screen using procedural texture
- Copying from one timeline, pasting to another, and then deleting the first timeline also deletes pasted content in the second
- [Mobile][IL2CPP][.NET 4.6] Casting decimal type to double returns incorrect value with IL2CPP and .NET 4.6