Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
StateMachineBehaviour gets instantiated from a selected prefab in project view which does not exist in the hierarchy
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open users attached project.
2. In project view click on "parent 3" prefab.
3. In toolbar press play button.
4. In console appears "Incorrect call to OnStateEnter" line.
--- This line is written in "testsmb" script which is attached to "test Animator Controller" animator controller which is attached to "Child" object.
Expected result: Console window shows nothing because "parent 3" prefab isn't instantiated.
Actual results: "StateMachineBehavior" instantiated and executes script even though it doesn't exist in hierarchy window.
Reproduced in: 5.4.21b , 5.3.5f1 , 5.3.4f1, 5.0.3f2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Shadergraph] Can't create multiple Boolean or Enum keywords
- DirectX12 crash when re-importing a large number of assets
- Scene view Camera's orientation can't be changed when pressing Scene Gizmo with the Hand Tool
- Prefab script field reference is lost when project is upgraded
- Changing Windows text size will cause grey bars to appear around the game view