Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.4
Planned for 2018.4
Standard Surface Particle shader reveals objects behind the GameObject with the shader when using certain Rendering Modes
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "UnityDeferredParticles.zip" project
2. Load "SampleScene" scene (found in "Scenes" folder)
3. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: quad with "Particles/Standard Surface" shader does not reveal GameObjects behind it
Actual result: quad with "Particles/Standard Surface" shader reveals GameObjects behind it
Reproduced with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b8, 2020.1.0a9
- reproduced with "Cutout", "Additive" and "Modulate" Rendering Modes for "IssueParticleShader" ("Particles/Standard Surface" shader)
- "Standard" shader with "Cutout" Rendering Mode does not have this issue ("Additive" and "Modulate" Rendering Modes not available)
- the issue is not visible in Isometric mode
- one workaround would be to set Rendering Mode to either "Opaque" or "Fade" or "Transparent" for "IssueParticleShader"
- another workaround would be to set Rendering Mode to any other than "Cutout" for "BG", that is used for the GameObjects that are behind the quad with "IssueParticleShader"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- Crash on ShaderLab::IntShader::CreateLocalKeywordRemap when loading custom shaders on standalone build