Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Sprites][Materials] New created sprite with default material after saving to prefab loses its material
1) Create new project
2) Create a new sprite (GameObject > 2D Object > Sprite)
3) Notice that from 5.4 Unity version it has a material in inspector ( or in "Sprite Renderer" component "Material" property is Sprites/Default)
4) Create a prefab of this sprite
6) Add prefab into a scene
5) Notice that added prefab's Material is missing (in "Sprite Renderer" component "Material" property is None (Material))
Material stays on Sprite after converting it into prefab.
After converting Sprite into prefab Material property is "None: instead of "Sprites/Default".
This happens only with Default material.
Create new material and apply it on sprite before converting it into a prefab.
Regression from 5.4.0b13
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform