Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
SpriteRenderer leaks memory when changing sliced sprite's size
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1006814_repro.zip and open "test" scene
2. Enter play mode
3. Open Profiler window
4. Select Memory and set to Detailed
5. Expand Scene Memory
6. Every few seconds press button "Take Sample: Editor"
Expected results: SpriteRenderer's memory usage doesn't change
Actual results: SpriteRenderer's memory usage increases 2-3 KB per second
Note: In Sprite Renderer draw mode must be set to Sliced.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0a2, 2018.1.0b9, 2017.3.1p2, 2017.2.2f1, 2017.1.3p2, 2017.1.2p3
Not reproducible with: 5.6.5p2
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.2p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- Clicking on cloud icon in "In the Cloud" section, instead of opening Unity Version selector it opens save project location Popup
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused
- Some ParticleSystems use the wrong texture when several of them are being rendered with different Textures
- Tilemap's collider is offset on the X-axis when using Isometric Tilemap