Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
SpriteRenderer leaks memory when changing sliced sprite's size
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1006814_repro.zip and open "test" scene
2. Enter play mode
3. Open Profiler window
4. Select Memory and set to Detailed
5. Expand Scene Memory
6. Every few seconds press button "Take Sample: Editor"
Expected results: SpriteRenderer's memory usage doesn't change
Actual results: SpriteRenderer's memory usage increases 2-3 KB per second
Note: In Sprite Renderer draw mode must be set to Sliced.
Reproduced with: 2018.2.0a2, 2018.1.0b9, 2017.3.1p2, 2017.2.2f1, 2017.1.3p2, 2017.1.2p3
Not reproducible with: 5.6.5p2
Regression introduced in: 2017.1.2p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [GPU PLM] Indirect bounce color is wrong
- [UI] Float types revert to 0 if a decimal point is entered when the value is selected
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework