Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Sprite slicing is extremely slow when slicing high resolution texture into many sprites in SpriteEditorWindow
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1201297.zip' project
2. In the Project window select 'BigSprite'
3. In the Inspector window select 'Sprite Editor'
4. In the Sprite Editor window select 'Slice' and 'Grid By Cell Size' (64x64)
5. Hit 'Apply' button
Expected result: the sprite is sliced in 1-5 mins
Actual result: the sprite is sliced in 60+ mins
Reproducible with: 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15 ( >60min)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1 (<1min), 2018.4.14f1 (<5min)
Tested with 5296x4088 resolution sprite
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine