Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Sprite slicing is extremely slow when slicing high resolution texture into many sprites in SpriteEditorWindow
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1201297.zip' project
2. In the Project window select 'BigSprite'
3. In the Inspector window select 'Sprite Editor'
4. In the Sprite Editor window select 'Slice' and 'Grid By Cell Size' (64x64)
5. Hit 'Apply' button
Expected result: the sprite is sliced in 1-5 mins
Actual result: the sprite is sliced in 60+ mins
Reproducible with: 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15 ( >60min)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1 (<1min), 2018.4.14f1 (<5min)
Tested with 5296x4088 resolution sprite
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Aug 28, 2021 21:14
I still have same issue. :/