Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Sprite slicing is extremely slow when slicing high resolution texture into many sprites in SpriteEditorWindow
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1201297.zip' project
2. In the Project window select 'BigSprite'
3. In the Inspector window select 'Sprite Editor'
4. In the Sprite Editor window select 'Slice' and 'Grid By Cell Size' (64x64)
5. Hit 'Apply' button
Expected result: the sprite is sliced in 1-5 mins
Actual result: the sprite is sliced in 60+ mins
Reproducible with: 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15 ( >60min)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1 (<1min), 2018.4.14f1 (<5min)
Tested with 5296x4088 resolution sprite
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar
- Custom shader creation APIs are missing the AssetImportContext and thus can't handle includes correctly
- 2019.4: PackedMemorySnapshot: nativeObjects.gcHandleIndex contains -1 always
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's