Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Sprite slicing is extremely slow when slicing high resolution texture into many sprites in SpriteEditorWindow
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1201297.zip' project
2. In the Project window select 'BigSprite'
3. In the Inspector window select 'Sprite Editor'
4. In the Sprite Editor window select 'Slice' and 'Grid By Cell Size' (64x64)
5. Hit 'Apply' button
Expected result: the sprite is sliced in 1-5 mins
Actual result: the sprite is sliced in 60+ mins
Reproducible with: 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15 ( >60min)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1 (<1min), 2018.4.14f1 (<5min)
Tested with 5296x4088 resolution sprite
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Shader Compiler] Compute shader errors when Caching Preprocessor in turned on
- Handles.Button doesn't allow camera rotation when mouse hovering over the button
- Any Shader's Help/Reference button in the top-most Inspector component links to missing documentation page
- ParticleSystemRenderer BakeTrailsMesh produces a trail mesh with additional tail vertices which lead to a pivot of the object
- Profiler's Raw Hierarchy/Timeline toolbar/panel cannot be resized when the Profiler window is resized and high resolution / DPI