Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.45f1, 2021.3.18f1, 2022.2.2f1, 2023.1.0a20
Won't Fix in 2022.1.X
Spot Light flickers when when it's far from the origin point
1. Open the attached project "SpotFlicker_2020"
2. Select the Camera GameObject in the Hierarchy window
3. Gradually increase the X rotation of the Camera in the Inspector window
4. Observe the Game View
Expected result: Camera rotates without the Light flickering in the Game View
Actual result: As the Camera rotates, the Light flickers
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a20, 2020.3.36f1, 2021.3.5f1, 2022.1.8f1, 2022.2.0a18, 2023.1.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2020.1.0a19
Reproducible on: macOS 12.4 (Intel)
Note: Looking at the Frame Debugger reveals the SPOT pass is flickering in and out - presumably, the SPOT is being culled due to precision issues.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Containers' height doesn't expand when text wraps
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a20):
Camera relative culling options have been added to the Graphics section in Project Settings. These will potentially alleviate light or shadow popping issues due to lack of precision when the objects, castors, or lights are far from the origin. Using this feature only moves the probblems, as enabling these will potentially introduces issues for objects that are far from the camera origin.
Resolution Note (2022.1.X):
Backport to branch 2022.1 has stopped as it reached the end of life