Search Issue Tracker
Splash Image is loaded into memory and is not unloaded after use when "Show Splash Screen" option is turned off
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's project "Clean android splash 2021.2.7f1.zip"
2. Open "Check Splash Screen Settings" Scene
3. Set the Splash Image to "large pumpkin.jpg" (Edit > Project Settings... > Player > Splash Image)
4. Leave the "Show Splash Screen" option turned off
5. Build And Run with "Autoconnect Profiler" option turned on (File > Build And Run)
6. In the Profiler window turn off every Profiler Module except for "Memory"
7. Turn off every performance counter except the "Texture Memory"
Expected result: The Splash Image is not loaded into memory, since it is never used, Texture Memory uses 285.0MB
Actual result: The Splash Image is loaded into memory and is never unloaded, Texture Memory uses 297.0MB
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.13f1, 2022.1.0a10
Could not test with: 2022.1.0a11, 2022.1.0b9, 2022.2.0a5 - The Splash Screen settings are missing
- Only reproducible in MacOS
- The Splash Image uses 12MB of memory, turning on the "Show Splash Screen" option shows it being loaded into memory and unloaded after it is shown
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Crash on internalABP::BoxManager::prepareData when entering Play Mode
- Crash at "UnityEngine.Object:FindObjectsOfType" when quitting the Player
- Creating material variant produces errors if there is no Materials folder