Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Some packages triggers script recompilation at every editor startup
firstname.lastname@example.org triggers script recompilation at every editor startup. If you re-open the project, it will be recompiled again so editor startup time is very long.
1. Open attached project and change platform to Android. see editor log.
2. It shows package re-import and recompilation. Also some files in PackageCache are changed due to Unity's automatic API updater.
3. Close project and re-open it.
4. You can see package re-import and recompilation again. If you repeat this, it recompiles again and again.
Expected behaviour : Package import and compiliation should be once. Later editor startup should not triggers package recompiliation.
Actual behaviour : some scripts in PackageCache is changed and restored again and again then it triggers script recompilation.
Note: Search for [API Updater] Updated Files: in Editor.log
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material
- [UI] Float type parameter in the Animator Controller displays 0.0 after being changed to a value <0.05
- Inspector displaying wrong characters when using ANSI encoding and non latin characters in a Shader property
- Error in console when using the progress bar API along with Texture compression