Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Some packages triggers script recompilation at every editor startup
firstname.lastname@example.org triggers script recompilation at every editor startup. If you re-open the project, it will be recompiled again so editor startup time is very long.
1. Open attached project and change platform to Android. see editor log.
2. It shows package re-import and recompilation. Also some files in PackageCache are changed due to Unity's automatic API updater.
3. Close project and re-open it.
4. You can see package re-import and recompilation again. If you repeat this, it recompiles again and again.
Expected behaviour : Package import and compiliation should be once. Later editor startup should not triggers package recompiliation.
Actual behaviour : some scripts in PackageCache is changed and restored again and again then it triggers script recompilation.
Note: Search for [API Updater] Updated Files: in Editor.log
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project