Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 10.2.0
Found in [Package]
Soft Particles do not fade out near the opaque surfaces when Post Processing is enabled on a Stacked Camera
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1241626.zip"
2. Open the "Test" Scene
3. Enter the Play Mode
4. Select the "FX Camera" GameObject in the Inspector window and uncheck the "Post-processing" checkbox under the "Rendering" settings of the Camera component
Expected result: no hard edges appear where soft particles intersect with an opaque surface
Actual result: hard edges appear where soft particles intersect with an opaque surface
Reproducible with: 2019.4.2f1 (URP version: 7.3.1, 7.4.1) , 2020.1.0b13 (URP version: 8.1.0), 2020.2.0a15 (URP version: 9.0.0-preview.35)
Could not test with: 2018.4.24f1 (URP version: 4.10.0) and earlier as Camera Stacking is not introduced in these versions
- Enabling "Clear Depth" option under "Rendering" settings of the Camera component fixes the issue
- Switching Main Camera's Anti-aliasing to None or FXAA - fixes the issue
- Switching Anti Aliasing (MSAA) to "Disabled" under URP Asset Quality settings fixes the issue
Note: tested and reproduced with Direct3D11, Vulkan and OpenGL Core APIs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags