Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Simulator] 'Invalid editor window' error thrown on switching maximized 'Simulator window' to 'Game View
When Simulator window is maximized, On switching 'Simulator window' to 'Game View' resulting 'Invalid editor window' error thrown in console. Refer attached video for reference.
Step to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Game View > Switch Game To Simulator
3. Simulator > Maximize
4. Simulator > Switch to Game View
5. Repeat steps 3 to 4 at least 2-3 times.
'Invalid editor window' error thrown on switching maximized Simulator window to Game View.
On switching maximized Simulator window to Game View, it should switch gracefully without throwing any error.
Device Simulator windows as a core feature of the Editor introduced in 2021.1.0a3.
Occurring on macOS 10.15
Invalid editor window UnityEditor.GameView
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string,int) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:124)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset