Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Simulator] 'Invalid editor window' error thrown on switching maximized 'Simulator window' to 'Game View
When Simulator window is maximized, On switching 'Simulator window' to 'Game View' resulting 'Invalid editor window' error thrown in console. Refer attached video for reference.
Step to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Game View > Switch Game To Simulator
3. Simulator > Maximize
4. Simulator > Switch to Game View
5. Repeat steps 3 to 4 at least 2-3 times.
'Invalid editor window' error thrown on switching maximized Simulator window to Game View.
On switching maximized Simulator window to Game View, it should switch gracefully without throwing any error.
Device Simulator windows as a core feature of the Editor introduced in 2021.1.0a3.
Occurring on macOS 10.15
Invalid editor window UnityEditor.GameView
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string,int) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:124)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode