Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Simulator] 'Invalid editor window' error thrown on switching maximized 'Simulator window' to 'Game View
When Simulator window is maximized, On switching 'Simulator window' to 'Game View' resulting 'Invalid editor window' error thrown in console. Refer attached video for reference.
Step to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Game View > Switch Game To Simulator
3. Simulator > Maximize
4. Simulator > Switch to Game View
5. Repeat steps 3 to 4 at least 2-3 times.
'Invalid editor window' error thrown on switching maximized Simulator window to Game View.
On switching maximized Simulator window to Game View, it should switch gracefully without throwing any error.
Device Simulator windows as a core feature of the Editor introduced in 2021.1.0a3.
Occurring on macOS 10.15
Invalid editor window UnityEditor.GameView
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string,int) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:124)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine