Search Issue Tracker
Similar named script overrides the already existing one in the project when imported with the unitypackage
The bug seems to happen only when the script is created, exported to package, modified and exported to a different package
1. Download the packages, attached by the tester (package1.unitypackage and package2.unitypackage)
2. Import package1 into the new project
3. A menu item should appear in the toolbar: Tools -> Class1
4. Import package2 into the project
5. Tools -> Class 1 menu item will be overridden and will show Class2 instead of showing both Class1 and Class2.
6. Both packages contain a differently named script in the Editor folder, but after importing both packages there is only one script
Expected: importing the package which contains a very similar script to a previously imported package's script, doesn't override the existing script
Reproduced in 5.5.4p2, 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.0f3, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2
Won't fix: asset store package feature (.unitypackage) is deprecated in favour of the new *Unity Package Manager*. This bug user pain is too low to invest development time
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy