Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
CustomRenderTexture.Update() causes silent crash after dropping a Prefab into a Scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User-supplied project ("ProjectorSimulator_SRP.zip")
2. Open "Sample" Scene
3. Drag 'VideoProjector' Asset located in Assets -> ProjectorSimulator into Hierarchy
Reproduced in: 2017.4.25f1, 2018.13.f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a11
Note: After the first crash occurs, when you open the project again, it will crash after 2 seconds.
The third time Unity will freeze upon opening.
The crash no longer happens after removing 'Light' Component from the VideoProjector -> Red/Grey, so I'm sending it to Lighting Grabbag
The Light component also has "HD Additional Light Data" and "Additional Shadow Data" Components attached, which are only removed along with the 'Light' Component.
Combined, they take more than a thousand lines, so I did not do much testing inside those scripts, if, however, such testing is needed, ping me on Slack.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Packages cannot be added from a registry that returns invalid publish dates [Windows-only]
- Physics.SyncColliderTransforms syncs every collider when the local position hasn't changed
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- [DX12] Player freezes and/or crashes when switching between full screen modes