Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
CustomRenderTexture.Update() causes silent crash after dropping a Prefab into a Scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User-supplied project ("ProjectorSimulator_SRP.zip")
2. Open "Sample" Scene
3. Drag 'VideoProjector' Asset located in Assets -> ProjectorSimulator into Hierarchy
Reproduced in: 2017.4.25f1, 2018.13.f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a11
Note: After the first crash occurs, when you open the project again, it will crash after 2 seconds.
The third time Unity will freeze upon opening.
The crash no longer happens after removing 'Light' Component from the VideoProjector -> Red/Grey, so I'm sending it to Lighting Grabbag
The Light component also has "HD Additional Light Data" and "Additional Shadow Data" Components attached, which are only removed along with the 'Light' Component.
Combined, they take more than a thousand lines, so I did not do much testing inside those scripts, if, however, such testing is needed, ping me on Slack.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Input.GetKey() returns true for Alt key after Alt+Tabbing and reopening Build during Coroutine