Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
CustomRenderTexture.Update() causes silent crash after dropping a Prefab into a Scene
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open User-supplied project ("ProjectorSimulator_SRP.zip")
2. Open "Sample" Scene
3. Drag 'VideoProjector' Asset located in Assets -> ProjectorSimulator into Hierarchy
Reproduced in: 2017.4.25f1, 2018.13.f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a11
Note: After the first crash occurs, when you open the project again, it will crash after 2 seconds.
The third time Unity will freeze upon opening.
The crash no longer happens after removing 'Light' Component from the VideoProjector -> Red/Grey, so I'm sending it to Lighting Grabbag
The Light component also has "HD Additional Light Data" and "Additional Shadow Data" Components attached, which are only removed along with the 'Light' Component.
Combined, they take more than a thousand lines, so I did not do much testing inside those scripts, if, however, such testing is needed, ping me on Slack.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [ChromeOS] Pixelbook can switch to portrait orientations which result in vertical resolution that cannot be undone
- Compute Shader with RWBuffer<> type throws an error when it is compiled with Vulkan API
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- [Device Simulator] Only one Touch Input is recognized when using Device Simulator
- "PropertiesGUI() is being called recursively" warning produced when trying to open color picker when object picker is opened