Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.2
[Shuriken] Using Sub Emitters on Particle Systems cause memory leaks
When Sub Emitters are used, memory is continuously leaked until the app crashes.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the latest attached project (ParticleLeakRepro.zip).
2) Build for any platform (Mac, Windows, iOS).
3) Run and monitor the memory usage. (I used Instruments with Allocations tool on macOS)
The scene consists of several Particle Systems with Sub Emitters. Memory is leaked continuously when running this scene. On macOS, for example DynamicHeapAllocator<LowLevelAllocator>::Allocate(unsigned long, int) allocates 4 MB every ~30 seconds (starting at around 00:01:30). On iOS, 64 KB are allocated on every iteration of the Particle System playback, leading to a crash due to memory warnings.
- Pressing the 'Toggle Sub Emitters' UI button stops the leaking immediately.
Did not reproduce:
MacBook Pro 2013 macOS sierra 10.12.1
iPhone 7 iOS 10.2.1
Should also occur on other platforms as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project